Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Strange Happenings...

Something strange has been happening in my life lately. Friends, family, friends of friends, strangers and even friends of strangers have been contacting me out of the blue. At first, my feelings were euphoric, but soon it was apparent they all wanted basically the same thing. No they weren’t calling to catch up, or to partake of my light hearted humor….No they were after my extensive knowledge of Unemployment Laws and Procedures. Soon after I realized they didn’t want the latest happenings in my life, I felt this satisfaction, even pride, at guiding fellow Americans through the red tape and moving them towards receiving their Unemployment Insurance.

We have all been there, even more now given the current economic situation. And it’s not looking bright at the moment. But why oh why, please tell me, that when times are hard, and stress is boiling over, the government extends the wait on the phone from minutes to hours just to get simple questions answered? Even the most patient of personalities would go berserk! Ok, yes, I will admit that I was employment by the big man, the government. Working for over ten years for the Employment Department I experienced many irate customers, and most of them had a right to be upset. They had valid complaints; mostly.

I have chuckled many times thinking that I would always have a job should the current upward trends in unemployment keep skyrocketing. I could always go back to work for the State. I would be highly sought after since I already have the knowledge needed to hit the ground running. As soon as the thought hit my head, it really hit hard, so much that I had an instant headache and felt nauseous. “But I love helping people,” I thought out loud but I just couldn’t face working for an inefficient system and not giving the customers the answers they needed.

I needed an outlet; to help all those stressing while dealing with Unemployment. Thanks to my many friends they showed me the way, I can consulte and help people navigate through the maze of UI Benefits. Email me your name and phone number and I will call you to discuss your situation. Just ask anything, from general advice, answering simple questions and what to expect during the process. Of course, the official disclaimer can be found in the small print below… Can’t see it? Well it’s there…

So go ahead and email me at UnemploymentGURU@gmail.com. At least, in this economy, I’ll feel more needed than a deep fried Twinkie on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment